Bluffton, SC Real Estate Litigation
Because of the many legal complications that can arise surrounding real estate property and ownership rights, this is one of the most stressful areas of the law for homeowners. The litigation surrounding real property can be complex, and the consequences can be devastating. Bluffton’s Bannon Law Group LLC is there for any property owner facing anything from government condemnations to easements, guiding them through their legal rights with zealous representation inside the courtroom and personal dedication outside the courtroom. No matter what legal issue you are facing, the best thing you can do is seek legal representation early in the process. When you choose Bannon Law Group LLC, you choose an experienced litigator dedicated to advocating your interests and protecting your assets, property and peace of mind.
Contact a Real Estate Litigation Lawyer Today
The attorneys at Bannon Law Group, LLC have successfully handled a wide variety of real estate litigation in Texas. We have decades of experience and know what it takes to succeed in real estate litigation. Every real estate transaction is unique, and our lawyers take the time to carefully investigate your case so we can develop an effective legal strategy.
We also take the time to listen to our clients’ specific goals to take the right steps to achieve the desired outcome. Our lawyers focus on providing excellent representation by communicating with our clients to keep them up-to-date on any developments in their case. Contact our Texas real estate litigation lawyers today to schedule your initial consultation.
Real Estate Litigation Related to Real Estate Contracts
A large amount of real estate litigation involves purchase and sales agreements. Real estate contracts need to be signed anytime property is sold or when construction takes place. Both parties agree that they will perform specific conditions listed in the contract. When one or both parties breach the terms in the contract, real estate litigation becomes necessary. When one party can prove that the other party has breached the contract, he or she can recover financial compensation for the actual damages caused by failure to fulfill the purchase and sale agreement.
Types of Real Estate Litigation Cases We Handle
At Bannon Law Group, LLC, we handle a wide variety of real estate litigation cases. Our lawyers have experience representing clients in all of the following types of cases:
- Developer litigation: Our attorneys have taken an active role in litigation against the government and municipalities for damages resulting from the city’s failure to maintain their property, such as a parking garage or park in a high-density area. We have also represented clients in cases involving municipalities that breach contract terms promising tax incentives to construct commercial buildings.
- Disputes between broker commissions: We have successfully represented clients in disputes over unpaid broker commissions.
- Enforcement of purchase agreements: In some cases, parties to a real estate purchase agreement fail to close escrow according to their contract. One party has the right to seek specific performance through a court order that will require the other party to fulfill the contract. We have represented clients and helped them obtain the monetary damages they deserve from failure to complete the transaction.
- Condemnation: When the government seeks to condemn your property or secure your property through adverse possession, we can help you assert your right to obtain the full amount of compensation you deserve for your property.
- Fraud or non-disclosure of defects: After a property sale is complete, disputes can arise regarding the seller’s failure to disclose all of its material defects. The seller may become aware of structural defects or other problems that lower the property’s value or require additional permits. In this case, the buyer may be entitled to additional compensation or to break the contract legally.
- Quiet title: When there are unsettled legal claims related to real property, they can cloud the owner’s legal title to the property. Title problems can interfere with or prevent property sales, and litigation can arise so the judge can declare whether the claims are valid.
- Disputes with real estate agents: Real estate agents are supposed to have their clients’ best interests in mind when they help them negotiate the property’s sale. Unfortunately, real estate agents do not always live up to that standard, and the clients can suffer financial losses as a result. Clients may have a claim to a breach of fiduciary duty, undue pressure to buy, or based on errors and omissions on behalf of the real estate agent.
- Disputes between neighbors: We have also helped clients involved in litigation related to issues between them and their neighbors. Perhaps they are challenging the scope of an easement, or there is a dispute involving local government or utility companies. Other disputes include fences, nuisance, boundaries, and zoning issues.
- Zoning and land disputes: When local governments require home developers and homeowners themselves to abide by legal use restrictions before obtaining permits to build their house, litigation can arise. In other cases, local governments will try to enforce zoning laws against homeowners for unlawful purposes.
Preventing Real Estate Litigation
Unfortunately, it is not always possible to avoid real estate litigation. In some cases, litigation becomes unavoidable when the other party refuses to perform the contract. However, working with an experienced Texas real estate lawyer during the purchasing process can help protect you against real estate litigation in the future. At Bannon Law Group, LLC, we offer our clients real estate contract review services. We can draft and prepare your documents for a reasonable fee. When you work with our experienced real estate lawyers, you can rest assured that we will create legal documents that protect your interests as much as possible.
Contact a Texas Real Estate Lawyer Today
At Bannon Law Group, LLC, we will carefully evaluate the issue that has arisen out of your real estate transaction. We will explain the laws that govern your real estate dispute and advise you of your rights. Our attorneys will give you all the possible outcomes that can occur if the courts resolve your dispute through litigation. We have your best interest in mind and will help you work toward the best outcome possible, which may involve litigation. Contact our Texas real estate litigation lawyers to schedule your initial consultation today.